Monday, January 23, 2012

THE PLEASURE OF YOUR KISS by Teresa Medeiros



THE PLEASURE OF YOUR KISS by Teresa Medeiros

Mass Market Paperback, 506 pages
Published December 27th 2011 by Pocket Star 
Genre: historical romance novel
Rating: 4 stars
 
This was my first Teresa Medeiros novel and I had great expectations, considering her fame and the excellent reviews. But something about the first part of this book made it really difficult for me to get into it. Over the first one hundred pages I have been tempted so many times to put it aside momentarily and get back to it later on. I couldn't warm up to it and to the main characters, Clarinda and Ashton. But I decided not to give up and I am glad I did: things get more interesting and the pace picks up speed in the second part of the book. I started to like the two protagonists only at the very end when extremely painful secrets and memories about their past relationship come to the surface. What really caught my interest was the storyline involving the two secondary characters, Poppy and Farouk, with their love for good food, the gratification they both found in eating pastries and their similar taste for poetry and experiences as bullied kids. So sweet and romantic...I rather wished the main plot evolved around them and their relationship: can you imagine the incredible  sensuality and connection between love and food, not to mention the incredibly hot scenes you could create with the aid of sugar, honey and custard cream? All in all, I always appreciate a love story with a happy ending. I look forward to seeing Max in the sequel The Temptation of Your Touch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment