Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Liebster Award Nominations


I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by blogger extraordinaire Holly U @ Part Of That World. I would like to thank her wholeheartedly for her kindness and answer her questions. This is a re-post, since I was nominated by other bloggers weeks ago: I have added Holly's link for you all to check her wonderful blog and read my answers.

*********

The Liebster Award is a way to help blogs you like with less than 200 followers to expand their audience. It's a way to give them some deserved attention so our followers can discover them as well. Some wonderful bloggers nominated me for this award and I cannot even start to tell you how humbled and honored I am. Many thanks to:

Chene Sterckx @ Mean Who You are
Irene Van Benthem @ The Ice Queen Bookshelf
Samantha Clark @ Bakey's Book Blog 
Monique LeBlanc @ Mo Books 
Holly U @ Part Of That World

Girls, thank you for your nominations! You rock!!!


Rules:

  • Link back the blogger that tagged you
  • Nominate 10 others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you
  • Ask 10 questions for the bloggers you nominate
  • Let your nominees know of their award.
Holly U from Part Of That World has some very intriguing questions

1. What made you decide to start blogging?
When a passion of yours turns into a serious hobby, you get to the point where you need to give it some structure. Reading, writing book reviews, giving authors and publishers a feedback, needed an outlet. So, Mina's Bookshelf came to life.

2. Love triangles: yay or nay?
I would say nay. I like to see my fictional characters completely gratified in the end. Unrequited love is not my favorite trope.

3. What's your favorite genre to read?
Historical. You can serve this 'dish' to me in all kinds of sauces and fashions - romance, mystery, suspense, thriller, paranormal. The past has an incredible charm.

4. What book or series would you recommend everyone read?
Talking about the historical genre , I would like to recommend Trilogia Victoriana by an exceptional Spanish writer, Felix J. Palma. The first two installments are The Map Of Time and The Map Of Sky and they are an excellent combination of history, science fiction, time travel, mystery, steampunk, and a touch of romance. H.G. Wells is the main character. You can check them out on Goodreads.

5. Who is your favorite book boyfriend?
Too many to mention :) I have a soft spot for the brooding kind, your typical Mr. Darcy (Pride And Prejudice).

6. What's the best book you've read so far in 2013?
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes...I've cried for days. The Ocean At The End Of The Lane by Neil Gaiman, because he can spellbind with his words like no other.

7. If you had to pick, what world would you want to live in the most?
Victorian England, but then I think about all the amenities I would have to do without...I am fine where I am.

8. If you could hang out with one character for the day, who would it be?
Bridget Jones. I think her and I could strike quite a friendship.

9. Who is your favorite heroine?
Jane Eyre. “Do you think, because I am poor, obscure, plain and little, I am soulless and heartless? You think wrong! - I have as much soul as you, - and full as much heart!" I love her.

10. Why do you love blogging?
Blogging is a conversation that I have with myself and with an audience of people who share my love for reading. That sense of community is what keeps this blog going. 
**********

Chene from Mean Who You Are asked me a few questions too, which I am more than glad to answer.


1. What are you currently reading and what are you planning on reading next?
I am hooked line and sinker on an international thriller by Allan  Topol,  The Russian Endgame. I am trying to choose my next read among The Book Of Someday, The Girl You Left Behind, and The Infatuations...a nice dilemma to have.

2. If you could only pick one book/series to be stranded on an island with, what would it be?
Considered that I don't know for how long I am going to be stranded on this hypothetical island (hopefully in the Pacific Ocean), I would pick the Wallflowers, gorgeous historical romance series by lovely Lisa Kleypas. I love her!

3. If you could have one ability (Magical or skills), what would it be?
Witchcraft, of course! But the good one. I wish I could concoct potions and cast spells. 

4. What inspired your blog's name and theme?
Throughout my entire life my bookshelves have always been full - comics, novels, short stories, illustrated books, academic texts aplenty. Books are my constant companions, source of delight and inspiration. Hence, Mina's Bookshelf

5. What made you want to start a blog?
Basically, the desire to give form and structure to my passion for reading and reviewing. I love the idea of being able to provide a 'book venue' to all those readers who rely on reviews and word of mouth before picking their next read.

6. Who is your favorite author? 
I have a soft spot for Jane Austen, Charles Dickens and Henry James. Realism, irony, and psychological insight are the qualities that I most admire in an author.

7. Do you have any weird bookishly ways?
Kids + crayons + unattended books = Unwanted doodles on the pristine pages of your favorite novel. I am very protective of my books. What I am reading follows me around the house.

8. What has been been you favorite moment of blogging so far?
Every time I hit 'Publish' and my review goes live.

9. Who is your favorite character you identify with?
"Jo March" from Little Women (Louisa May Alcott). Incredibly similar lives and personalities.

10. What is your favorite movie/series that was based on a book?
Joe Wright's adaptation of Jane Austen's masterpiece Pride and Prejudice, starring Keira  Knightley and Matthew MacFadyen (2005). I am also a sucker for BBC costume dramas: I think I'll never get tired of watching the tv series rendition of North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell (BBC 2004) and Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens (BBC 2008).

Now, to my 10 nominations for the Liebster Award:

To my nominees I would like to ask
1.  Best book(s) you've read this year?
2.  Upcoming release(s) you anticipate the most? 
3.  Favorite author(s)?
4.  Is fan-fiction something you would consider as a reader or a writer?
5.  Would you like to write a sequel for a book you loved? 
6.  Is there any author you would like to meet?
7.  What would you ask him/her?
8.  Your favorite reading nook? Bed, sofa, a bench at the park?
9.  Book or e-reader?
10 Which novel would you like to see on the big screen and who would you cast for the lead roles?  










 

11 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the following Literary Love Affair Mina! :D

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Maida! Thank you for following :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I am glad you like it. I hope you'll visit often, Jeanette. Thanks for being a follower :)

      Delete
  3. OOO having witchcraft sounds awesome!! And YES. People who write in books make me cringe. Folding pages I'm a little lea-way cause I...do that...BUT writing is just a no. NO. Hitting the PUBLISH button and getting comments is always the best thing about blogging. Heck, the whole experience is just amazing.

    CONGRATULATIONS, MINA FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD!!! <3 You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Delaney! It's always a joy to receive an award and even a bigger joy when you can pass it on other fellow bloggers. You should all receive a price for the commitment, creativity, and passion your share on your sites :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for nominating me! I really appreciate it. :)

    I've been pretty busy for the last few weeks, but I will be accepting it and making my post soon. Hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pleasure to pass it on! Enjoy your nomination. No pressure, Kaitlin:)

      Delete
  5. Love your answers! I must check out these books you recommended. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. Awwww Holly! Thank YOU for the question! This Q&A between bloggers is what I love the most about the award. It's great to connect :)

    ReplyDelete